Spring is finally here! The children continue to grow, and are learning more and more each day! I am so proud of them. Below are some topics will be covering for the next few months.
We are focusing on the Season of Lent, and the Celebration of Easter
- The Three Days/Jesus loved us so much that he gave his life for us.
- Easter/We celebrate Jesus’ new life especially during the Easter Season
- We Pray as Jesus Did/Understanding the prayer “The Our Father”
- We Belong to the Church/We become members of the Church through Baptism.
Math Tip sheet for Module 4 Number Pairs, Addition and Subtraction to 10
- Composition and decomposition of 2,3,4,5,6,7, and 8 into number pairs
- Addition with totals of 6,7,8,9, and 10.
- Subtraction from numbers to 10.
- Patterns with adding 0 and 1 and making 10.
- Comprehension/Skills – plot of a story, main idea, sequencing, compare and contrast, main idea. Learning new vocabulary.
- Phonics – letter sound/recognition. Blends, rhyming, word families.
- Popcorn words
- Writing and Convention – naming parts/nouns, action parts/verbs.
- complete sentences, telling sentences.
- capital letters and periods.
- pronouns. (I, me)
- Scientific Method/Experiments
- Life Cycles – Butterflies, Ladybugs, Frogs
- Earth Day – Recycling, maps/globes
- Author Studies – Eric Carle
- Please read each night for at least 15 minutes
- Review popcorn words daily.
- Please send “Book in a Bag” in weekly on Wednesdays.
Spring Photos – April 7th.
Easter Recess – April 13th – April 23rd.
Please have children complete Easter Break Take Home Review Packet.
Pizza Day – April 6th.
100 Day Celebration
Dr. Seuss Week
Hope all of you had a Blessed Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Here comes a NEW YEAR 2017! So much to learn!!
Below are topics we will be covering for the next couple of months.
In Religion we will be covering many new topics. We will also be focusing on “The Many Miracles of Jesus” This is our theme for the coming Catholic Schools Week Celebration starting on Sunday 1/29/2017 at 10AM with our Catholic Schools Mass.
- Learn About God with Our Friends
- God Chooses Mary
- God the Father Gives Us Jesus
- Jesus Grew Up in Nazareth
Math – Tip Sheet will be sent home covering Module 3
- Comparison of Length and Height
- Comparison of Weight
- Comparison of Volume
- Counting from 1-100/Counting by 10′s/Counting by 5′s
- 100 Day Celebration
- Comprehension – practice sequencing a story. Review categorizing and classifying. Review main idea.
- oral vocabulary- learning new vocabulary in s story.
- Phonics – Letter sound/recognition. rhyming words. Blend and read words.
- Practice high frequency words.
- Practice adjectives.
- Practice writing sentences/Daily Fix-its
- Martin Luther King Jr
- Presidents Day/George Washington/Abraham Lincoln
- Valentines Day
- Motion/Simple Machines
- Dental Health
- Heart Health/Nutrition
- Please read 15 minutes each night and complete “Book in a Bag”. Make sure to log all books read.
- January 16th/Martin Luther King Jr. Day-School Closed.
- January 19th/ Pizza Day
- January 20th/12PM Dismissal
Catholic Schools Week 1/29 – 10AM Catholic Schools Week Mass/ Open House/Expo/Book Fair – 11-12:30P 1/31 – Special Persons Day 9-11AM 2/1 – Open House 9-11AM. Winter Concert 7PM 2/2 – Student Appreciation Day- Free Pizza 2/3- Teacher’s Appreciation Day- 12PM Dismissal WINTER RECESS – 2/18-2/26 – SCHOOL CLOSED Take a look at some Christmas Show Pics below:
Hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!
Take a look at what is going on in Kindergarten! Below are topics covered, and future topics to be studied within the next few months.
God is our Creator
- God Made All People
- God Made Us
- God Helps Us to Discover
- Miracles of Jesus
Math – Math Tip Sheep will be sent home.
- Working with numbers 6-10 in different configurations
- One More and One less with numbers 0-10.
- Module 2 – Two-Dimensional Flat Shapes
- Three Dimensional Solid Shapes.
- Practice counting 1-100. Practice counting by 10′s
- Comprehensions Skills – Compare and contrast. Setting of a story. Main idea of a story.
- Phonics – Letter sounds/letter recognitions, blending sounds in to words. Continue review of rhyming words. Nouns for more than one, proper nouns, adjectives for colors, shapes, size and numbers. Adjectives for opposites. Learning popcorn words.
- Handwriting – Writing letters, words, and sentences. Practice writing first and last names.
- Thanksgiving/Pilgrims/Native Americans
- 5 Senses
- Animal Babies/ Hibernation
- Please remember to read to your child 15 minutes each night. Complete book log, and return Book in a Bag every Tuesday.
- Please check Friday Folder. Review and remove all work from the folder. Remember to sign and date sheet each week. Return folder every Monday.
- Christmas Show Costume – Please have your child wear a green shirt and black pants.
- Class Trip to the movies: Tuesday, December 13th.
Please take a look at the pictures of all the wonderful Activities Kindergarten 1 has participated in below:
Class Trip to Queens County Farm Museum
Kindergarten Class of 2017
Congratulations! Your child’s Kindergarten year of school is successfully underway! I am very excited to have your little ones in my class. Kindergarten is a time of new beginnings, of making new friends and of learning lots of new things each and every day. Our days and weeks will be filled with many wonderful experiences and opportunities for learning and growing. There will be no other school year as unique and important as this one, and I look forward to helping your child learn and grow. Over my past 11 years of teaching Kindergarten, the progress and growth that each child makes never fails to amaze me!
I believe that a good parent-teacher partnership is necessary for maximum school success. There are many ways we will be able to work together this year to ensure your child receives the best education possible. Your support and involvement will help to make your child, and our class, journey to amazing places. Please do not hesitate to send me a note if you have any questions or concerns. I am looking forward to a wonderful year working with you and your child.
Mrs. Lynne Stankes.
You’ll be on your way up!
You’ll be seeing great sights!
You’ll join the
Who soar to
Oh The Places You’ll Go!
Welcome to Kindergarten
Below are topics we will be covering the first few months of kindergarten.
God’s Many Gifts
- God Made All Things- He gives us light, water, land, and the animals.
- God Is Our Creator – God made all people.
- Miracles of Jesus
- Count, order and draw up to ten objects.
- Writing numerals fro 0-10.
- Count to tell the number of objects.
- Classify objects into categories.
- Comprehension: Identify characters, and describe the setting of stories.
- Phonics: Rhyming words. Identify syllables in words. Letter recognition. Blend sounds to make new words.
- Handwriting – writing upper and lowercase letters. Write names.
- Learning popcorn words.
- Apple Study/Johnny Appleseed.
- School Rules
- Community Helpers, Fire Safety
- Pumpkin Study
- Bat Study
Class Trip: Queens County Farm Museum – October 26th!!